We would like to draw your attention to the issue of marine cargo insurance. The Terms and Conditions provides that as the Yacht Owner, you are required to procure and maintain adequate marine cargo insurance covering your yacht throughout the duration of the shipping/transport Voyage. The marine hull and liability insurance that you likely maintain on your yacht is not an All Risks cargo insurance policy and is not likely to provide you with adequate protection in the event of loss or damage.
Yacht Trans lines can offer all risk cargo insurance for boats at a very competitive rate. The rate is determined by the age, value, and destination of the boat.
- The maximum insurable value is the cost of the boat. All risk coverage for physical loss or damage to your boat.
- Due to circumstances beyond every party’s control, yachts can arrive damaged or can get damaged during loading and discharge operation.
When receiving an insured boat at the destination port, you should make a careful inspection. If there is any damage. You must report it immediately to the carrier and arrange for a survey with a local agent for the insurance company.
A claim must be filed in writing against the agents of the vessel owners or other carriers, and if possible, before removing the boat from their custody. Failure to do this may nullify your right to claim.
When presenting a claim the following documents must be included:
1. Copy of Commercial Invoice
2. Signed copy of Bill of Lading,
3. Original Certificate of Insurance
4. Copy of claim against carrier and reply thereto
5. Original Survey Report
6. Nature of receipt given to vessel on delivery.
Note: These pictures are only for illustrative purposes and are NOT result of our yacht shipping operations !
Yacht Trans Lines – your yacht transport company for global yacht shipping